user today: 199
user online: 1
Max. onlinerecord: 39
Max. per day: 10021
user yesterday: 397
user month: 12872
Entire users: 2355690
View Thread
Silverfall English Fansite - walkthrough, maps, descriptions, downloads, infos, screenshots, Forum, hints&tricks etc. | Silverfall | Config
Author Help Running the game
budd1175

Posted on 24-12-2010 03:36
I installed both Silverfall and Earth Awakening and have the min. requirements. I am short on the recommended requirements by my video card, I have a GeForce 6800. old I know smiley
When the game comes to the main menu, i can read the text but they are surrounded in squares with a line going through them. Also the background graphics do not display. I manage to get past that by making a default character and the game begins with great graphics but again the character pic does not display and the bottom skill bar is all distorted where it is not displayed properly.
This is the only site I can find with Silverfall help. The game is a downloaded version from Gamers Gate but alas they do not offer support except for their forum and asking other players.
Have any help?
thanks
Author RE: Help Running the game
Ardea
Super Administrator

Posted on 24-12-2010 08:49
Fist of all you need to check if you have the latest driver version for the video card. I suggest to check the Direct X version as well and install the latest version of it also. It the problem still occurs, check if the video card does not heat over - then you need to put on a cooler fan or a better cooler fan. You can still set lower graphics in the menu of graphic settings.

If you still have the problems, try to reinstall the game. But I think the DirectX or the vcard driver should solve the problem. smiley

By the way: what kind of operation system do you have on the PC?
www.silverfall.net
budd1175

Posted on 24-12-2010 10:05
Direct X is the latest install and dont believe my video card is overheating. I downloaded the newest driver but saw no fix. I ended up having to go back to my previous driver because one of my other games, Septerra Core, stopped working after the newest driver version. I tried running the lowest setting on the graphics but still nothing has changed. It looks like maybe there is a code or something missing that is causing the graphical errors. When i run the game with a default character the bottom skill menu looks broken and distorted. The character pic on the upper left isnt there, just a box with a line through it.
I reinstalled the game, but nothing has changed.
I run Windows XP Service Pack 3 and the video card is a GeForce 6800
budd1175

Posted on 24-12-2010 19:56
Well I think Ive narrowed the problem to the Earth Awakening expansion. If I just install Silverfall, the graphics panels {widgets as the games calls them} are shown. Its when I install Earth Awakening that I get the problem. Should I install the expansion in a folder all its own? The set up wants me to install everything in the Silverfall folder. smiley
Ardea
Super Administrator

Posted on 25-12-2010 08:38
I have to ask whether you bought the EA exp. or downloaded from somewere. Don't need to tell details. smiley Just if you downloaded, try to get another one, because it could be wrong.
If I were you, I would check the language of the game. Is it the same as the basic Silverfall?
It should be in the same folder, so it wouldn't be the solution if you put it in another folder.
But the vcard driver change was a good idea. I've heard about this problem with the GF6 series... And in many case it solved the occured issues. But not this time... smiley
www.silverfall.net
budd1175

Posted on 27-12-2010 21:47
I bought both EA and Silverfall from GamersGate. When you installed EA did you install it in the same folder as the original Silverfall?
Ardea
Super Administrator

Posted on 29-12-2010 08:44
Yes. The expansion automatically finds its folder and it is installed in the same folder as the basic. Please check the other possibilities I wrote in the previous post.
www.silverfall.net
budd1175

Posted on 29-12-2010 09:25
Still nothing fixes the prob when both games are installed in the same folder so I just made 2 sep folders. I started Silverfall, like it except for the insane controls smiley but i will get used to them. Other than that, the game doesnt seem as bad as most people say
Ardea
Super Administrator

Posted on 31-12-2010 11:00
budd1175 wrote:
Still nothing fixes the prob when both games are installed in the same folder so I just made 2 sep folders. I started Silverfall, like it except for the insane controls smiley but i will get used to them. Other than that, the game doesnt seem as bad as most people say

So this means that the display is good now?
Apart from that you can customize the controls. I did and that was very useful. smiley
www.silverfall.net
budd1175

Posted on 31-12-2010 22:29
As long as I play Silverfall as a separate game, meaning I dont install EA to it, the game runs fine. I just dont see any way to customize the controls on the original. I just got used to using the arrows to control the camera. The game is good tho.
Ardea
Super Administrator

Posted on 02-01-2011 08:20
However, I think you can customize the control if you wish. But maybe I'm wrong and you can customize it only in EA.

So what'll it be if you can't play EA? You have purchased it, so the distributor should do something... Don't you think? Because if you can't do anything to make it better, the game itself could be faulty...
www.silverfall.net
riotar

Posted on 09-02-2011 18:26
I downloaded the game from GamersGate as well and installed only the Silverfall without EA. There is really no option how to customize controls in the game UI, you would have to edit a specific file in the game folder.

I tried to install EA today to a separate folder and I must admit the game interface is much much better. However I was not able to start level 1 character as it didn't find the original Silverfall installation.

So I removed EA and installed it again into the Silverfall destination folder. The game started and I could even continue with my character in the original quest line. But the thing is, the interface is corrupted. Pictures of UI are stirred and it's not usable.

I'd like to play Silverfall with EA user interface, but it's not working the normal way.
As it is now, both installations need separate folder by default. You can copy your character save file once you finish Silverfall quest line into EA save folder to continue.

However I'll try to shuffle the installed files to see if there is a way how to make it work. Keep your fingers crossed.
riotar

Posted on 09-02-2011 22:53
All right,

here we go smiley
I installed both and compared the files. All you need to do to run Silverfall and EA together in one interface is to copy the "sct" files from Silverfall\Data\Design\Mission to the same folder in the EA folder. EA contains all other necessary data.
Basically you have to install both games to different folders, then copy the sct files from Silverfall to EA. Don't overwrite any file, there are the following files in EA folder already, maybe with some script fixes for original game.

map22.sct
map23.sct
map7.sct
Silverfall_free.sct
Silverfall_story.sct

Or you can do it other way, install Silverfall, manually delete all folders in the directory except the Data\Design\Mission and the sct files there. Then install EA into the same folder.
Maybe you have to run Silverfall for first time to register the game and then you are free to delete the files and continue installing EA. I had it already registered before this file handling.

I tried to run my save from original game and create level 1 character. It works well so far.
darqnite

Posted on 01-09-2011 00:17
@riotar
Thank you very much!! You saved my sanity!! smiley

I had exactly the same problem with the UI after installing EA, and was losing my mind looking for a solution.

Your solution works perfectly, and now my level 24 elf is happy knowing that I won't be dumping him when I move onto the EA campaign.
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
Which side you've chosen at first time?

Nature

Technology

You must login to vote.
Endless Parchment
You must login to post a message.

Ardea
22/07/2021 06:18
I will renew this page. There will be huge changes in all terms. I don't know when I'll be able to do the upgrade, but I have the base for it already. After that the registration and the download section will be available again.

Ardea
16/06/2021 07:00
Thanks a lot, LordGort! I thought it will never happen. smiley By the way, I want to upgrade this site, only I haven't got the time for it. But in due time... smiley

LordGort
14/06/2021 08:17
Time to break your New Year post streak. smiley

Ardea
01/01/2021 08:47
I wish you a happier and a lot healthier New Year! smiley Take care!

Ardea
12/04/2020 07:54
A year has passed... Happy Easter for everyone! Try to keep Yourselves and your loved ones healthy and happy at least as much as current events let You.

Ardea
31/12/2019 20:04
Happy New Year for All of You! smiley

Ardea
24/12/2019 20:13
A year has passed, so... Merry Christmas for Everyone! smiley

Ardea
21/04/2019 07:07
Happy Easter for all of you! smiley

Ardea
31/12/2018 08:06
And Happy New Year! smiley